Monday 17 September 2012

Dali, the Genius

Being a passionate art student, I am heavily influenced by famous painters and their ideas - being able to visualize how they depicted certain themes in their paintings - especially in philosophically driven art that is Surreal Art. My favorite painter; Salvador Dali was more than just a painter - I am very inspired by his methods and how he manages to portray his surreal ideas; he was heavily influenced by Freudian theories of the important influence of the unconscious mind. Dali was more than just a painter - to me he was an amazing icon; creating art in ways which enable us as viewers to interpret them using our own psychological instincts and subconscious thoughts. Alongside painting, Dali was a writer and film maker - creating famous Surrealist films such as 'Un Chien Andalou' and 'L'Age d'Or' which he directed alongside Luis Buñuel.

I find everything about Salvador Dali fantastic and simply mystifying - I am heavily absorbed in Surrealism and this brings me to Surrealist cinema; something that I would love to recreate and research further into.

--- THAT MUSTACHE.  That is all.

“Since I don't smoke, I decided to grow a mustache - it is better for the health.
However, I always carried a jewel-studded cigarette case in which, instead of tobacco, were carefully placed several mustaches, Adolphe Menjou style. I offered them politely to my friends: "Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?"
Nobody dared to touch them. This was my test regarding the sacred aspect of mustaches.”

No comments:

Post a Comment