Thursday 29 November 2012

After Effects Use - Melting Clocks

After Effects was a suggested option in which I could attempt to distort the clocks used in the opening scene of the film; I have used footage with acryclic paint and clock faces (out of focus) in the background of a variety of closeup shots.  The 'Liquify' tool enabled me to distort the clock faces; sub-categorized tools include 'Warp', 'Bloat' and 'Twirl'.  These effects suggest the irrelevance of time prior to the dream sequence - my film contains two different locations, therefore a stress in the contrasting environments.  Further work on After Effects would enable me to animate a sequence in terms of it's shape transformation using the timing tools to adapt the shapes, on a time scale.
 
'The Persistence of Memory' painting by Salvador Dali
'Liquify' effects on the clocks 

No comments:

Post a Comment