Sunday 25 November 2012

Filming - 'The Persistence of Memory'

PREPARATION - VINYL MELTING AND MANY CLOCKS

Take my advice, NEVER PLACE VINYL IN THE OVEN. THE FUMES ARE HORRENDOUS. After my plan to replicate melting clock shapes, it was unfortunately unsuccessful. The vinyl was left for too long and before I was aware it was very melted. Luckily, that was a last resort and my many gathered clocks collected from friends would be used in the opening scene. I have purchased cheap alarm clocks and the use of acrylic paint can be used to suggest the melting. Perfect.





The dream state scene is in the dining room, where my character will be transported. My props have been organized; using crystal glasses and bowl and candle holders. I have placed. A large clock which will not be functioning to emphasize the irrelevance of time.


The clock is not functioning in this scene, the bowl is filled with soil and the crystal glasses are empty.  The connotations of the soil in Unknown Female's palm are almost similar to Un Chien Andalou with the ants.  I will portray my ants/ insects through scuttling sound effects and some manipulation of the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment